
At the end of August, Erik and I went to Montreal- sans Grace! When we first started planning the trip months ago, I was paranoid. Five whole days without Grace? We had only been apart for hours at a time since she was born. Sick, I know. At Erik's insistance (I'll admit, I was on the fence) we planned the trip for just the two of us. The purpose was two fold. Erik had to go a for an ethics seminar (a joke for anyone who knows Erik well) as the last requirement for his FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) degree. So we tacked on a few days and made a trip of it. A little fun, a little work (Ok, all fun for me). At the end of the seminar, there was a graduation ceremony and dinner.

We did things on the trip that we used to do without much thought . Went out for dinner, and actually took more than 20 minutes to eat because there wasn't a toddler to watch. Had adult converstaions- for an equally long period of time. Rented bikes and rode to a market, picked up strawberries, croisants and cheese for lunch then rode for several hours and stopped at a park to eat. Stayed out past 8 o'clock! Slept in past 7am. Needless to say, it was a grand time.
And I just want to say again, for the millionth time, how proud I am of Erik. Only those who have really gone through it can know how much work it takes to get this degree. He often says it is like having a full time job working 50 hours a week, and going to grad school full time. You get the idea. He has been studying since we first got married. Six years of hard work. Congratulations sweetie!
3 comments:
Ok, somehow during our conversation today I missed the fact that Erik was actually DONE now! Congratulations! How did I not realize that? What an exciting time in your lives! ;)
Way to go, Daddy! I'm so glad for you that its behind you. Now make yourself useful and tell me when I'm likely to croak so I can get all my "to do" list done before then.
xoxo
You need to change the blog description now that you've added the new growth chart: Erik, Cathryn, Grace, Dixie and the Peanut.
Post a Comment