A record of the growing Johansson family - Erik, Cathryn, Grace, Matthew, and William
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Family Fun Night
I realize this is a bit late (I'm catching up on blogging, can you tell?) but I thought this was pretty funny. On the opening night of the Olympics a few weeks ago, we decided to have a family theme night. We do these on occasion, as much for Grace as a break from the ho hum for us. In keeping with the theme of the Beijing Olympics, we got take out Chinese, a real treat since we don't get to pay true Chinese prices for our American import. We also put on some of our authentic Chinese music we picked up while visiting Beijing (I'd tell you what instrument it is they play on the CD, but I don't remember the name).
And it just wouldn't be a Chinese theme night without chopsticks. Not to be outdone, Grace asked for hers (which are Peter Rabbit ones Grandma and Grandpa picked up while living in Hong Kong). She actually did quite well with them, better than I did. I cheated and reverted to my fork.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Cathryn,
I'm Samantha, Steve Clarks wife. I've checked your blog a few times since you mentioned it in your Christmas letter, and it is fun to see what your family is up to. I always laugh because it seems like we are living parallel lives - not only are our children so close in ages, it seems like you are doing all the same things we are (we just tried Candyland for the first time, and we have the same struggle with being outside/no sunscreen, for example). Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and also to ask you if you have peapod grocery delivery in your area? I gave up going to the store with both kiddos, and I'm now completely devoted to peapod. It's a lifesaver! :)
Samantha
I KNOW - it's crazy how similar our lives are. I looked over a lot of your older posts back in December, and it was so weird. We weaned the girls at the same time, put them in big girl beds at about the same time, etc., etc., etc. I tell Steve all the time he could have married you and he'd be living the same life! May I link you on my blog roll? BTW, my email is ssclark01@hotmail.com
Next time one of the kids has a big whompin fit, you need to whip out the camera and take a picture for the rest of us, who see your family life as the perfect happy foursome. My memory of wailing kids in the grocery store is dim-
I love the chopstick dinner-how much fun for Grace!
I love turning on my computer and finding a new blog from you, sweetie. You and Elyse with the LJ make life worthwhile. Won't be long now till you are here in NM and I am really getting eager. I hsave found some things to amuse Grace when she comes to see me and Mathew---well. I'll just hold him. Love Gram
Post a Comment