Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Before we continue...

Hello, remember me? At least you guys are used to this by now.

A brief recap:
  • We started potty training in January. After two weeks of not getting it, suddenly it clicked for Miss Grace. Recently, she has even gone so far as to be waking up dry from her naps and going poopy on the potty regularly! (Sorry, but most of you are mom's so "poop talk" shouldn't be too far from your daily vocabulary.) I highly recommend "ipstick" or chapstick as a reward for pooping on the potty. It is what finally got her to do it! Even chocolate didn't do it for the kid.
  • February was a crazy month. I started my doctor visits every other week. We had a steady stream of company, with only five days out of the month "just us". We had a huge snow storm that prevented us from having our hospital tour (don't panic, Mom, we are scheduled to have a private one tomorrow and the forecast is for the 50's!).
  • Now it is March and I still have my head in the sand. We are still reading the birthing book, we don't have a name picked out, and the only person packed for the hospital is my husband (even Grace's travel bag is not packed). I think that shrieking I hear coming from Albuquerque is my Mom freaking out again... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw Nickolas Ivan is putting on more than half an ounce a day! How are YOU feeling, Cat?
The cool thing about babies is that they have no clue if the bags are packed and the hospital is toured-he'll just come when he's ready, expecting what you can and will be able to provide: love, food and care. All will be well!